Sunday, October 26, 2014

Galaxy Face Tutorial

Okay ladies and gentle jams we're going to be doing a tutorial because it's sunday night and the most exiciting thing I did today was groceries. And I'm waiting for Once Upon a Time to start okay. 

We're going to be doing space face like me below. It's about to be halloween soon and as always every single year I have a billion costume ideas but no main one. This year I spent around 150$ on indecisiveness when I could have just done this. Oops.

Materials:
  • Acrylic Paint (purples, pinks)
  • Face paint (white, black) [I had only white and black, if you have all purples and pinks in face paint that's probably safer for your skin!]
  • Glitter
  • White eye shadow



So as every single artsy fartsy knows we start with a blank canvas. Here's mine. She has foundation on and like the basics. Look at that tooth poke. 

I live in the basement with no natural light. Thus the flash use. Any who, I probably should have made this a video but I didn't. So start out with a base. Use the coloured paints (purple and pink and even blue if you're feeling rebellious) and dab them on to make something like this.  


Next add some black. I tried to put mine on places I wanted to stand out. I put some on my eye brow because I didn't want it to disappear in the galaxy, and some on my cheekbone to remind people that it's there.


Next I'm not sure how well you can see but I added tons of glitter. There was a paint where I was trying to dab in on but within minutes I went straight for literally dumping it on my face and basically bathing in glitter. My dresser is a little sparkly now.

Also I added as much white paint to my eyes as I could, then filled in what I couldn't with white eye shadow. I lined my eyes with it and put it all over my lids.


See.


Next I painted stars all over me. Too many, I think. But hey, this was my first go at turning myself into outer space, as it's not something I do often. I made big stars by making four lines connecting them in the middle, and tiny stars by just dotting my face. The dots looked cooler I found when I dabbed over them.


I also used the white face paint on my eye lashes. Super happy about how that turned out. Looks like I've frosted myself.



Put on your spaceish clothes and be a nebula goddess.


This picture below shows the fact that I starred my face on the opposite side too.


And yes, that's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment